Friday, April 1, 2022

Strawberry Chip Ice Cream

No new meal this week. So here is a repost from the old food blog. I don't have an ice cream maker anymore (I gave it to my son), but I remember this one. Soooo delicious.

Friends, this one is a keeper.

Ingredients
  • 2 cups frozen strawberries
  • 2 cups heavy cream or half&half (or try coconut or almond milk!)
  • 1 TBS vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)

Method
  • Let strawberries thaw a bit in the blender, about 10 minutes
  • Blend strawberries and a few TBS of the cream by pulsing several times (until you get a "crushed ice" consistency
  • Put the blender on stir and slowly add in the remaining cream and vanilla and blend just to combine
  • Pour into ice cream maker and churn as directed, adding the chocolate chips about halfway through the cycle
(You can try to do this with just the blender--just keep it on stir for several minutes and then transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for a couple hours before serving, or use it as soft serve)

YUUUUUUUUM!

No comments: